Thursday, April 18, 2013

Opening Day Jitters 2012

Opening Day Jitters by John Wells from john wells on Vimeo.

Opening Day Jitters by John Wells

My girlfriend is well accustomed to my antics during the ski season but the night before opening day she is blown away and a mere observer as all energies flow into one solid action; to be prepared for the sickest day of skiing ever. You will not be disappointed if you are prepared. After rummaging around for AA batteries I had an epiphany of an old ski bum trick, use my DVD remote batteries for my avalanche beacon to ski pow during the day, and replace them later at night when I am tired and in night time nap mode. Multi-purpose batt’s that’s what I call being green. In the winter everything I do becomes multi-purpose bordering on obsessive. My ski routine rivals pro hockey players’ superstition, down to the last cup of coffee, the placement of my ski bag in my truck, right down to how my vitamins are placed on the counter in the morning. It is a sick thing when your whole life revolves around such an exorbitantly expensive, resource demanding, unpredictable sport/lifestyle/mother nature.

To read the entire Blog post go to www.tetongravity.com

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this video mate, thanks for putting it on mine online, could you perhaps post a YouTube link to the video, vimeo is not that great,otherwise this post is a terrific job.

    ReplyDelete